Tuesday, January 10, 2017

It's Cancer - Pre-chemo day

Tomorrow I have to be at MDA at 6:15 a.m. for blood work. Next I'll have my port accessed before chemo at 9 a.m. This is the schedule, although the departments normally aren't running on time. Blood work is usually fast, but I've had to wait as much as an hour a couple of times to get my port accessed. I've waited more than 1.5 hours for chemo to start. With the current treatment I'm receiving, I get a steroid drip first and then have to wait 30 minutes before the chemo medication can start. These delays are why I always have a book with me.

I try to get as much as possible done on the day before chemo. I go to the grocery store to ensure there is food in the house. I wash clothes, especially the bedsheets. And I pick up the house. I haven't done such a great job with my chores today, but the day isn't over yet.

Today I'm celebrating the ability to let go. I've written about having a people-pleasing personality, which can translate to kissing ass and later kicking myself for doing it. I took a step forward yesterday in letting go of a relationship that hasn't been in a good place for years. Respectfully giving my opinion and considering myself first, instead of worrying about someone else, was a positive experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment