Wednesday, January 4, 2017

It's Cancer - Chemo Part 2, Number 3 of 12

Weekly chemo started this morning at 11:15 a.m. with blood work. The technician was so fast that I barely had my sleeve up before she was done. Great job! Next was port access where I had to wait an hour. Bad job! And then to chemo. I'm home now and feeling fine. This round of chemo is much easier on my body than the first six treatments I had.

Sweetness was my chemo buddy today. She has gone with me when I only had doctor visits and when my chemo was cancelled because I had a bad cold, but this was her first time to sit through chemo. I sleep on and off during chemo, which makes it easy for me. I feel sorry for the person who just sits in the chair and watches me or television. It must be extremely boring.

Today I'm celebrating Diane. I can't say enough good things about this wonderful neighbor who is always leaving goodie packages and notes on my front porch. This morning she left a jar of peppermint bark and a gift box of lip balm. She is such a sweetheart!

No comments:

Post a Comment