Wednesday, January 11, 2017

It's Cancer - Chemo Part 2, Number 4 of 12

Once-a-week chemo is going by quickly. I receive a good amount of steroids before my infusion, which are given to help avoid allergic reactions to the chemo and to help with my energy level. When I receive the steroids, my face turns red, I get jittery, and I have insomnia, but these reactions fade away in day or two. Thirty minutes after receiving the steroids, the chemo starts, which comes with more side effects. I wish there was a better way to treating cancer than pumping a body full of chemicals.

This morning while receiving my treatment I watched on television the Senate Judiciary Committee hearings on the cabinet nominations. This takes me back to watching the Watergate hearings, which were just as boring. I'm not sure how the Senate can confirm Senator Sessions, but I have not doubt that he will be rubber stamped.

Today I'm celebrating the road called life and taking the good with the bad. Things can go wrong, but the ride goes on.

No comments:

Post a Comment