Wednesday, January 18, 2017

It's Cancer - Chemo Part 2, Number 5 of 12

It was raining and flooding this morning so much that I wasn't sure I could get to the medical center for chemo today, but Big Daddy Nick got me there. Unfortunately, Mitzie was supposed to be my chemo buddy and her area of town was flooded so badly she didn't make it.

The hospital was crazy busy and the wait times were long. I waited about 1.5 hours to get blood work done. I waited about the same amount of time to have my port accessed. Surprisingly, chemo started pretty much on time. I'm always ready to get home and in bed under blankets when chemo is over. Sometimes it seems like the longest part of the day is the trip home, which only takes about 20 minutes. After I've been at MDA for six hours you'd think the 20 minute ride home would go by quickly. I guess I'm tired and cranky by then, and the aches and pains are starting to develop.

Today I'm celebrating TLP. I don't write about him that much any more, but it's not because he isn't in the forefront of my mind and thoughts. I love him and his smiles more than ever. And I especially love it when he says my name in his sweet little voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment