Friday, January 6, 2017

It's Cancer - Cold and reflective day

I recently blogged, with excitement, about attending an upcoming annual reunion in New Braunfels with high school girlfriends. Unfortunately, due to health issues of two organizers, the 2017 event has been canceled. Then we found out that another woman, who had hip surgery in December 2016, isn't recovering well. I wish the best to Candy, Karen and Katie as they seek treatment(s). The annual event is already on my calendar for 2018.

Thinking about Candy (who is dealing with knee and hip issues) and Karen (who has heart issues) takes me back to my cancer diagnosis and the wonderful support I have received from friends and family. I sent them the best advice I've received so far: (1) stay positive; (2) accept help from friends and family; (3) ask questions and get the answers you need; and (4) good books and music help to pass the time. I hope these tips help Candy and Karen and Katie as much as they have helped me.

Today I'm celebrating the return of Dr. Mc, Big Daddy Nick, and TLP. They have been gone from the house for a week and it's good to have these chickies home.

No comments:

Post a Comment