Friday, October 7, 2016

It's Cancer - Staying positive

Compared to all the side effects I could have suffered yesterday, I feel very lucky. Day one after my first chemo I had no vomiting, mild nausea, and a strong headache. These are very manageable. I have a little bit of pain from where my port was implanted and some throbbing from the biopsy area. Again, manageable.

My neighbor, Mary, who had cancer last year, sends me much appreciated tips everyday. She also let me borrow an extremely soft blanket that brought her comfort during her cancer. I hope she doesn't mind that Rose is also enjoying the soft blanket.

Today I'm celebrating Diane. She is another sweet neighbor who sends cards all the time. We even get Christmas cards from her dogs. Anyway, yesterday I got a handmade card that included a breast cancer ribbon and scarf. I live in such a great neighborhood.


1 comment:

  1. Let Rose pile up with you! Your comfort is the key... Sometime soon, would love some face time to relay some little clues and tips... Always good to "be prepared" as the Scouts say!!

    ReplyDelete