Wednesday, October 19, 2016

It's Cancer - Morning sickness

I'm nauseous every morning and it makes me not want to eat breakfast, which I know is not good. It doesn't matter if I eat a full breakfast or a bowl of cereal or a banana or toast. I didn't have this problem when I was pregnant so it's really disgusting now. I'm going to try smoothies next.

My scalp has also been very sensitive, which is right in time for when I should start losing my hair. Everything I've read says that hair begins to fall out about two weeks after chemo. I hope it gets cooler this week so I can start wearing my caps and cover my balding head.

Today I'm celebrating family. Everyone requested hamburgers tonight before watching Survivor and the presidential debate. While watching the debate, Dr. Mc, TLP and I will be carving pumpkins. Should be a very fun evening.

4 comments:

  1. Probably too late now but I just saw a new report on these cold cap treatments they are doing to help with the hair loss. Sounded not great either because they have to wear them for up to 8 hours during the chemo treatment, changing them every 30 minutes or so.My thought was I would probably opt for the hair loss that to have my head frozen for 8 hours once a week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw that report and thought the same thing about having my head frozen for up to eight hours a day. No thank you! Right now I've lost three clumps of hair, but I know more will fall out.

      Delete
  2. You know, cancer is a bit like being pregnant, now that you bring it up... Your body is on auto pilot, and you are along for the ride. And just like childbirth, you really forget most of the experience once it is all over. You don't get a sweet new babe, but you do get an incredible appreciation of many things that are overlooked with our busy lives. This is another gift you get with cancer...appreciation of the small stuff. Also don't worry when you can't eat, you will when you can... Big hugs, big girl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are right, Mary. I'm learning to separate the small stuff from what is important, and overlook what I can't do at this point.

    ReplyDelete