Friday, October 14, 2016

It's Cancer - A day without a visit to MDA

Not having to go to MDA today meant that Mitzie and I could have a fun day doing girlie stuff. We began by getting our eyebrows dyed. Since we are both blondes our eyebrows are almost invisible. Mitzie has her's done regularly and treated me today. Probably after my next chemo I'll start losing my eyebrows, but right now they look marvelous!

After a detour to get Mitzie's mom, who lives in Salina, KS, some camisoles that she likes, we had lunch at Helen's in Rice Village. The size of the Greek restaurant reminded me of a NYC restaurant (small). People at the next table (on both sides of us) were about a foot away. It was very cozy.

Today I'm celebrating Greek food. At Helen's, Mitzie and I shared a salad of locally grown red and yellow tomatoes with red onions, olives, cucumbers and feta, plus some lamb meatballs with hummus. This was perfect portions for ladies who lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment