Monday, October 17, 2016

It's Cancer - Life goes on

Mr. B and I had dinner out last night before attending the spectacular Houston Symphony performing Simon & Garfunkel songs. I was foot tapping and humming along, although I'm sure no one heard me because those around us were doing the same. I would love to take all the "fam" (except TLP) to the Christmas "Very Pops" performance, but at $185 per ticket (plus handling charges) I think we'll have to settle for listening to CDs.

It must be Monday because I was at the grocery store today. Big Daddy Nick is back in town and offered to go for me, but I said "no" because my list was too long. I spent a good deal of time over the weekend researching cancer fighting foods, which I put on my grocery list for today.

Today I'm celebrating Sweetness. She called between studying for mid-terms to check on me. Not much going on this week with me unless I get an appointment with an MDA nutritionist. In the meantime, I've ordered a highly recommended book from Amazon: The Cancer-Fighting Kitchen. This award-winning book provides "nourishing, big-flavor recipes for cancer treatment and recovery." Just what I need, and I doubt the recipes and tips will hurt others who eat at my table. I just hope it's not full of recipes involving kale.

No comments:

Post a Comment