Thursday, October 20, 2016

It's Cancer - Hair loss

I have three places on my head where I've lost hair. A long-time friend (Robin) makes fun of me, the McCarley sisters and now TLP because we have pink scalps. I wonder if my scalp will stay pink or if it will turn ash with chemo.

Yesterday I got a text from my cousin, Kate, who lives outside of NYC. I visited Kate and her family at the Jersey Shore last summer. She is a busy wife, attorney and mother with four kids who are running in all directions. It meant so much to me that she took the time to send me a sweet note.

Today I'm celebrating Candy. We try to have lunch a couple of times a year and they always last three hours or so. Usually we're the first people in the restaurant and the last to leave. Today we were at B&B Butchers, which was terrific. We shared a couple of appetizers and then the most delicious filet with a side of mac and cheese. Yum! We ordered two desserts and I brought leftovers home for lunch tomorrow. Thanks, Candy!

2 comments:

  1. The PBS version of Sense and Sensibility had Elinor saying upon learning of her heart throbs marriage to another, "it is just as we expected, nothing to worry about"... In a VERY round about way, it is the same as expected with hair lose. But, in reality, it is very important how we see ourselves as we pass the many mirrors and reflections in our daily life. So, I do hope you will remain in gaged in how you look, just for yourself. The rest of don't really matter right now. You do have some pretty good choices. I hope you will explore all of them and find some happy choices. You can even give my completely unworn wig a try. I didn't lose all my hair, but cut it short and thus didn't wear it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had chemo and didn't lose your hair? Wow. Mine is very thick, but is getting thinner. My head is so big and probably won't fit in the wig you have. I'm going to try on wigs on Wednesday while I'm at MDA. You inspired me to start making felt flowers, animals, etc. to use as decorations on my beanies/caps. I've already put a knit flower on a plain cap. Looks cute. No reason to wear "cones of shame" when I can turn them into topics of positive conversation. Thanks, Mary!

    ReplyDelete