Friday, September 30, 2016

It's Cancer - Seven hours at MDA

I had so many consultations today at MDA, beginning with a chest X-Ray, several meetings about the port placement, more blood work, and finally meetings with the oncologists, her PA and research assistants about the chemo and two studies. I'm exhausted and so is Mitzie, who was once again my note taker.

The blood work from earlier this week showed that my thyroid is low. Maybe that's why I've been sluggish lately. The good news is my cholesterol level is good. This is not always the case. My chest X-Ray was also very good, so I have the go ahead for surgery on Tuesday and chemo on Wednesday.

Today I'm celebrating TLP. I picked him up early from pre-school. For about 45 minutes it was just the two of us, playing and chatting. I'm sad that – after Monday – I won't be able to lift or carry him until after my cancer treatments are finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment