Monday, September 26, 2016

It's Cancer - Everyday smiles

Monday is usually the day when I go to the grocery and today is no exception, but this could be a problem in the weeks to come. Once I have the port in my chest (next Tuesday), I'm not supposed to lift anything heavier than 10 pounds. I wonder the weight of a case of La Croix (a.k.a. "Tutu's pink juice" to TLP).

I want to thank people who continue to read my blogs and follow my journey. Today I want to especially thank cancer survivor and neighbor Mary. Every day she sends me tips and words of encouragement. I also want to thank my high school friend and Austin resident Katie who reposts my blogs on a site where other high school friends can read them. These are just two friends who help me smile every day.

Today I'm celebrating political debates. I can't wait for tonight's debate (I'll have to record Dancing With the Stars). The debate should be very entertaining. In preparation for it I'm heading to the liquor store for my current adult beverage-of-choice: Deep Eddy vodka. My favorite flavor is grapefruit. Mixed with Topo-Chico, it's so refreshing.

3 comments:

  1. YOU are amazing!!!
    Good wishes and xox.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My next hint... You have permission to buy in smaller quantities even though it may cost a bit more. This is a temporary splurge. You also have permission to say "young man, (or hearty young woman) would you please help me get this in my basket". People really are happy to help - I am not kidding. This also applies in the parking lot unless it is a panhandler, then head back in and grab a sacker. Or, you can always ask your neighbor (me) or Mr. B or another buddy to go with you on Mondays. Everything has a solution, and the good news is, you will return to normal after treatments and you will forget all this... Except when you pass everything you have learned to the next friend in your spot... This is the gift that cancer gives you.

    ReplyDelete