Thursday, September 29, 2016

It's Cancer - Simple acts of kindness

As I'm doing, many others have written about their experiences with breast cancer. Online I found and saved a post titled "11 Tips to Get Through Chemo."

Tip #2 advised about hair: "Cut it off before it starts falling out — it's much more empowering that way." So, yesterday I had my hair cut off. I didn't tell anyone. I just did it. My hair is very very (very) short and, even though I'm not crazy about how I look, I was proactive and checked something off my to-do list. I'll get used to my hair. In the meantime I'm sending thanks Romeo for the new short "do." She wouldn't let me pay her. So kind.

Today I'm celebrating acts of kindness. Yesterday, a shop owner heard me telling a friend about my cancer. The shop owner reached in her display case and pulled out a breast cancer charm. She could have sold the charm to someone else, but she gave it to me, with a smile and best wishes. So kind.

2 comments:

  1. Jules so proud of your for your courage and proactive attitude. My love and prayers are with you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks my friend. Support is so important to me in this journey.

      Delete