Tuesday, September 20, 2016

It's Cancer - Radiologist visit

I left the oncology radiation department this morning feeling well informed. After the nurse went over my medical history, I watched a 15 minute film about what to expect with the radiology treatment. This will probably be the easiest part of the entire process. Next I met with the radiologist. She talked to me and then examined me before the oncology nurse manager (or something like that) spent time with me. She provided literature about breast cancer and also told me resources that are available through the hospital (classes, support groups, wigs, etc.).

Tomorrow I start all over again with imaging and doctor visits at MD Anderson. It will begin early in the morning and last all day. I'm looking forward to the end of the examinations so my family and I can discuss where and how to proceed.

Today I'm celebrating Mediterranean food. After almost two hours at the doctor's office I treated myself to a chicken pita from Zoe's. So far, I haven't decided if I'm going to treat myself with a nap or pedicure this afternoon.

3 comments: