Wednesday, September 28, 2016

It's Cancer - Half day at MDA

After dropping TLP at his pre-school I went to MDA for blood work and an echocardiogram. I continue to be impressed with the courtesies and respect shown to patients.

First I had the blood work done (five vials). There was little wait time and the nurses were so friendly and positive. Next I went to another building for the echocardiogram. The information desk said to go to the skybridge and a sky cab would take me to the other building. Whenever I looked puzzled about where I was going there was someone there to point me in the right direction. Amazing!

Today I'm celebrating MDA. While I was riding between the building, a woman from Las Vegas, who was at the end of her treatment, started talking to me. She flies here once a month for check-ups. I'm lucky that MDA is in my hometown.

2 comments:

  1. Julie, looking for the good in the institution, the medical staff, and others in their journey with cancer will serve you well. Bravo dear girl!

    ReplyDelete