Thursday, February 16, 2017

It's Cancer - Mind over matter

As euphoric as I was last night by the wonderful news I received yesterday from MDA (tumor has shrunk by more than 50% and surgery date set to remove the tumor), I'm just that tired today. So every time I get out of bed and put weight on my legs and feet, I remind myself that I only have three chemo treatments left. Then I'll have time for my body to recover and get stronger. Mr. B and I have already made plans for short walks as soon as my chemo is finished.

I know that Mr. B continues to be concerned that I'm so weak. Both doctors we saw yesterday at MDA told him that it's very normal. Everyone at MDA made sad faces at the red spots covering my arms, legs and upper chest. These are also effects of chemo that will soon disappear.

Today I'm celebrating my family and friends who continue to follow my progress. With all of your well wishes and support, I'm moving forward with a positive attitude. Special shout out to neighbor Diane who delivered valentine treats to our front porch on Tuesday. I'm convinced that milk chocolate and warm socks are aiding my progress.

1 comment:

  1. You are an inspiration. Thank you for posting all along the way. Your inner strength is amazing to me and I am just so impressed that you have come this far with this little daily posting. Sending strength and love from the wet north of California.

    ReplyDelete