Thursday, February 23, 2017

It's Cancer - Best wishes to family starting their journey

On my way through the MDA Hayes Building lobby yesterday, I heard my name called. I turned around and there was a friend from my neighborhood. After a hug and her asking how I was doing, she told me that her family had just learned that her sister has ovarian cancer.

I was sad all afternoon thinking about that family and what lays in front of them, and reflective about my own cancer journey. I can well remember what it felt like to receive my diagnosis. What fear and concern my friend's family must feel at this time. After chemo I have two more parts to my journey (surgery and radiation) so I shouldn't feel as I'm through my battle, but I do have great optimism for the future.

Today I'm celebrating the new seven-day steroid pack I started this morning. My limbs are covered with the chemo rash again. Hopefully the steroid pack will improve the ugly, itchy rash, as well as the inflection that's affecting my blood cell counts and making me tired and weak.

No comments:

Post a Comment