Monday, July 10, 2017

It's Cancer; Radiation #4

This morning Mitzie drove me to MDA. First I met with my surgeon, who officially released me. My wound is healed and my infection is gone. I like my surgeon and her staff so much that I will miss seeing them. There was about a two hour wait before radiation so Mitzi bought me my favorite salad for lunch before going back to MDA. Radiation is now a routine. I'm in and out in 30 minutes before hitting the road for home.

Tonight I judged the pie contest. Serious business! First we judged five savory pies. Four were fabulous and the fifth had peas in it. I hate peas! Next we judged 35 sweet pies. I hope I never see another apple pie as long as I live. There were also about five lemon and lime pies. None of them were my favorite. My biggest disgust came when I had to taste not one, but two rhubarb pies. One of them actually won a prize, but not based on my scores. My least favorite was called a cowboy pie. It was so sweet that I momentarily went into insulin shock. My favorite was a buttermilk pie (some people call it cheese pie). I wish I could have brought a piece of it home with me.

Today I'm celebrating family vacations. We have rented a home in Wimberly for Labor Day weekend. The entire family will be under one roof for four days. This could be magic, or tragic.

No comments:

Post a Comment