Thursday, July 20, 2017

It's Cancer - Radiation #12

On July 20,1969, the U.S. landed a man on the moon. On that night in history I was in Dallas attending drill team camp. We were staying in a dorm at SMU, all crowded around a television watching history taking place. Well, almost. Being a love-sick teenage girl, I was in a telephone booth with a cup full of coins feeding the machine while talking to my boyfriend in Houston. So much for history. But I've seen the pictures of the moon landing many times. Don't fault me for being young and in love.

All week long I've thought it was Friday. It's not that we have a big weekend planned so I don't know why I've been in such a rush for Friday. I'm happy to announce that tomorrow will finally be the big day.

Today I'm celebrating radiation #13. Only seven more and then I'll ring that bell.


No comments:

Post a Comment