Friday, July 7, 2017

It's Cancer - Phase 3; Radiation #3

I was just about to write this post when I heard a really loud noise outside. A huge truck had come barreling down our street and knock off a couple of branches from a 100 year-old oak tree across the street. These weren't small branches, but ones that arched across the street. First of all, there is a sign on our street that reads "No Through Trucks." Apparently the driver ignored that sigh. Also, the driver must have been going really fast to rip and drag the branches off the tree. Luckily no cars were hit by the branches that now block the street.

My time at MDA was short today. I was in and out of radiation in 30 minutes. I took the shuttle to the main MDA building. Since my hair is growing and is all different lengths, I was going to the hair salon to get a free trim. I've been going to MDA since September 2017, and have never used the salon. The day I go there a sign is on the door that it is closed from today through July 19 for renovations. Bummer.

Today I'm celebrating Chris LaMarca from Madison, OH. I've never met her, but she left me a message on Facebook. She wished me well with my treatment and told me about her mom who had breast cancer in her 40s. Her mom will be 100 in six weeks. I, too, will refer to myself a cancer survivor in a short time.

2 comments:

  1. Lots of prayers for you ,Julie!! EVERY DAY!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, June. Maybe we can have dinner sometime soon.

      Delete