Wednesday, July 26, 2017

It's Cancer - Radiation #16 (for real this time)

Math has never been a strong subject for me, but I should be able to count to 20. Or so I thought. Yesterday I was reviewing my posts and realized that I had skipped radiation #12. I cried myself to sleep when I realized that I have one more radiation treatment than I thought.

The real radiation #16, which took place around 12:45 p.m. today, was as painful as I had been warned it would be. I used the breathing techniques I've learned to help calm myself. It was amazing how I could feel my muscles relax as I breathed through the pain.

Today I'm celebrating all things lavender. When I got home from MDA I lathered my arms with lavender scented lotion. It helped calm me down and soothe my dry skin. Radiation has done a number on my skin.

No comments:

Post a Comment