Thursday, July 27, 2017

It's Cancer - Radiation #17

By the end of radiation today I had tears running down my checks. The technicians were back in the room a minute after the radiation stopped. They were wiping my tears and apologizing for the discomfort. They helped me put my gown back on and walked with me back to the dressing room. I laughed when they all told me how much they loved the pink vans I had on. My theory is that cute shoes can always help a girl get through a tough situation.

Every day when I walk from the radiation room back to the dressing room I pass by the bell on the wall and tell myself how many treatments I have left. Today I whispered to myself, "Only three left; you can do this."

Today I'm celebrating the breakfast tacos that Dr. Mc made for dinner. They were delish!


No comments:

Post a Comment