Thursday, November 3, 2016

It's Cancer - It takes a village

Big Daddy Nick is "on the road again" with The Suffers. When he is in town, he has morning duties of getting TLP up, fed, dressed and off to pre-school. When he is traveling, the rest of the village shares morning duties. Dr. Mc gets TLP up and downstairs in his high chair. I get him fed and dressed. And Mr. B drives him to school. We all miss Dada when he is gone.

The whole house empties around 7:45 a.m. so sweet Rose and I climb back in bed to watch the morning shows and wait for my nausea to disappear. The news was refreshing today with recaps of the world series and Country Music Awards, instead of the latest campaign spins. I loved seeing the replays of the Cubs' last out and the first baseman shoving the winning ball in his back pocket. That's a prized (and valuable) souvenir. As for the CMA recap, Beyonce singing a country version of her hit song "Daddy Lessons" with the Dixie Chicks was awesome, as was the group of ladies led by Reba McEntire singing Dolly Parton's songs to the legend. So nice to see positive stories and get away from the campaigns, if only for a few minutes. Maybe that is why my nausea is mild this morning, but in reality I must give credit to my drugs "kicking in."

Today I'm celebrating down-the-street neighbor, Mary. Yesterday she left me a sweet note with a goodie bag of lotions and potions. Mary is a cancer survivor and has been incredibly supportive of my journey. Thanks to her, I'm going to treat myself to lavender body wash and lotion this morning. Mary, you make my days better!

2 comments:

  1. Actually I had small Boswell and colon cancer... But all cancers are a real challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another time I HATE SPELL CHECK... Bowel, not Boswell...how ,does,this happen?

    ReplyDelete