Thursday, January 21, 2016

Marathon man

This could be an afternoon when I leave the house to get a cup of Menchies frozen yogurt. There's one about eight blocks from the house. Someday I'm going to put TLP in his stroller and walk to Menchies for a sweet treat. I think he would like it, also.

Do people get a sweet tooth when they get older? My grandmother, who was a terrific cook and baker, made really sweet desserts the older she got. She also made jellies that got sweeter and sweeter. My dad seemed to like sweets more the older he got. I'm the same way.

Today I'm celebrating the long corridor in our house between the front door and the kitchen. TLP has been running from the front door to the kitchen most of the day, with a plastic spoon in one hand and a telephone in the other. He stops only to push buttons. On the dishwasher. On the front-loading washing machine. On the cable box. And on the disc player. He has very busy little fingers today!

No comments:

Post a Comment