Tuesday, February 9, 2016

It's a big day for The Suffers. The band performs tonight on The Daily Show with Trevor Noah. Mr B told me he already set the recorder. I'll be showing TLP the reruns over and over tomorrow so he can see his "Dada" and uncle Alex.

I don't talk about the performances by Sweetness as much as I do The Suffers. She sings and plays the guitar in a duo, and she also does performance art. Yesterday I was honored when she asked me for tips and guidance regarding a fundraiser she is working on for performance art in Houston. How well I remember being her age and trying to raise money for a theater group. I'm so pleased that she is involved with the arts, but what would I expect from a drama queen?

Today I'm celebrating Fat Tuesday (a.k.a. Shrove Tuesday), which refers to the practice of eating a large meal before the fasting initiates with the Lenten season (Ash Wednesday is tomorrow). Since it's also National Pizza Day, it may be what's for dinner tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment