Saturday, February 13, 2016

I love the little red rocker in the pic-of-the-day. Someone in the Akin family made that rocker for my grandparents when my father was born in 1929. It was originally natural wood with a cushion seat. Daddy used the rocker. My older brother and I used the rocker, as did my cousins when they were small and visited my grandparents. I think it was after this generation than my grandfather painted the rocker red/orange and traded the cushion for a cane seat.

My nephew and nieces, as well as the lovely McCarley sisters, sat in the chair when they were young and visited my grandparents home. When my grandmother stopped keeping house, the rocker passed down to me, and I'm so happy that this simple family heirloom continues with TLP using it in his playroom.

Today I'm celebrating women who vote with their brain instead of their vagina. Vote for the candidates you believe are best qualified, regardless of race, creed, color, gender, sexual orientation, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment