Tuesday, March 28, 2017

It's Cancer - Proceeding to surgery

I got the news yesterday that my tumor has shrunk enough and my surgery will take place as scheduledN. There were three tests performed last Wednesday and the results showed that chemo worked. My tumor is now approximately 1 cm x 1 cm x .5 cm. No more chemo.

I don't have to visit MDA this week, although I do have to have my blood drawn today. My internist wants to check my thyroid level. I've taken medication to regulate my thyroid for years, but my internist thinks that the chemo might have changed it. We'll see, but he is probably correct.

Today I'm celebrating Truett Bryan Akin, Jr., who is better known to me as Daddy or Poppy. He died 10 years ago today, which was one of the saddest days of my life. To other women who have recently lost their fathers. know that the sadness will dull and the memories last forever.  

1 comment: