Friday, March 3, 2017

It's Cancer - Another pretty day in Houston

I'm feeling better today than I did yesterday, but still not ready to jump around. There are a couple of art events tomorrow night that I'd like to attend so I'll just save my strength for them.

Speaking of events, Mr. B and I have been asked to chair an event in June. Before I make up my mind, I need to speak to the organizers to find out exactly what will be expected of us. I'm not one to simply be an event chair "in name only," so I need to know more to ensure that I'll be well enough.

Today I'm celebrating former president George W. Bush. He has been promoting his book Portraits of Courage that celebrates American veterans. I think it's very honorable of him to not criticize the current commander in chief when asked. It's also refreshing that he doesn't take himself too seriously and he is able make fun of himself. Our current president should learn how to not be so critical of others, how to be more humble, and how to take a joke. But I don't see any of those happening.

No comments:

Post a Comment