Tuesday, June 13, 2017

It's Cancer - Radiation postponed AGAIN

I was at MDA this morning for my radiation assessment. As soon as the radiation oncologist saw my wound she cancelled everything. My wound that opened because of the infection I got after surgery has not closed and still drains a small bit every day. To say that I'm disappointed at another delay in radiation is an understatement!

I'll be back at MDA tomorrow for my surgeon to take a look at my wound. My oncology surgeon and plastic surgeon have stated they would prefer for the wound to close on its own, but I'm ready for one of them to pull out their sewing kits and do some stitching. It has been six weeks since the wound appeared. I don't think it's going to close on its own.

Today I'm celebrating a dinner out with Mr. B. I want to get my mind off of today.

No comments:

Post a Comment