Wednesday, June 28, 2017

It's Cancer - The go-ahead I've been waiting for

Yesterday at MDA I had my assessment and the left side of my chest was marked for radiation. I also passed the breathing test so radiation will begin on Wednesday, July 5. This will begin phase three of my treatment.

Once radiation begins, I'll receive daily treatments for four to six weeks. Side effects will include fatigue and redness of the targeted area. I won't be able to be in the sun. Drinking is also prohibited, so I'm attempting to drink as much Deep Eddy vodka as possible between now and July 4th.

Today I'm celebrating Iris Guss, who was Big Daddy Nick's maternal grandmother. Iris died a week ago and a memorial service was held yesterday. After MDA I pushed myself to get to the service and reception, and I'm glad I did. I loved hearing family stories about her, especially her practical joking. She was a special woman who enjoyed a long life.

No comments:

Post a Comment