Sunday, June 18, 2017

It's Cancer - Another lump


Many people have commented on my blogs about my cancer journey. For me, blogging has been cathartic. I can read about my treatments and feelings, and re-read the caring and encouraging postings from family and friends. All the positive thoughts have carried me when I thought I couldn't go on.

Last night, when I was changing the bandage on my wound, I felt another lump in my left breast. Whereas the lump that was removed on April 11 was under the nipple of my left breast, the new lump is above where my nipple used to be. Can it be another cancer tumor so soon? Scar tissue? A cyst? What else could this be? Hopefully this blog will help me put my scary thoughts in perspective. One thing for sure, I'll be on the phone to my oncologist at MDA first thing in the morning.

Today I'm celebrating Father's Day and my 65th birthday. I tried to get 65 kisses from TLP, but he can only count to eight. I gave him a bite of my Italian cream birthday cake, but it spit it up in his hand and gave it back to me. How I love that little boy!



2 comments:

  1. It is so easy to jump to scary conclusions when battling cancer and after your treatment is over. Put all your worries in your doctors hands and live your life.

    ReplyDelete