Tuesday, June 27, 2017

It's Cancer - "B9"

Getting quickly to the point, the new mass I recently found in my left breast is benign, or "B9" as it was written on the preliminary report I received.

Yesterday my day at MDA began at 6:45 a.m. with an ultrasound. When the technician returned to the room after the ultrasound was reviewed and said the doctor wanted to biopsy the mass, I started crying. Although I'm a glass-half-full person, my immediate thoughts weren't positive. The doctor explained that the ultrasound showed a large mass and the biopsy was needed to determine whether or not it was cancer or scar tissue (as he suspected). It took about two (long) hours to complete the biopsy and get the preliminary report of no new cancer.

Today I'm celebrating the good news about the mass and my lingering wound. Yesterday two surgeons agreed that my wound has closed. They gave the go ahead for me to begin radiation so this afternoon I'll be back at MDA for an assessment by a radiation oncologist. My fingers are crossed that she also gives me the go ahead.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear your good news, and hoping for smooth sailing with radiation and continued healing. -Mary

    ReplyDelete