Wednesday, May 24, 2017

It's Cancer - Back on track


The catheter was removed from my left side today. It feels so good not to have a bag of bacteria hanging on my side. I have to remain relatively immobile for the next couple of days so there are no more leaks. The danger of another leak is that I will have to have another drain put in place. No thank you.

Being back on track means moving forward with radiation. As of now I have my radiation assessment scheduled for June 6. If all goes well with the assessment I'll start radiation the next day, which will be Phase Three of my cancer treatment.

Today I'm celebrating hair. I continue to rub coconut oil in my scalp every day because my scalp is dry. I'm feeling more hair although it is light and  I can't see it. Mr. B says he can see it. Right now I can just feel the fuzz. It feels like felt. I've been told that my hair will really start growing six months after chemo, which will be September. Fall has always been my favorite time of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment