Friday, May 5, 2017

It's Cancer - Always looking for the positive

When I had surgery to remove the cancer in my left breast, a plastic surgeon was in the operating room. After the oncology surgeon removed the tumor, the plastic surgeon took over to work his magic. He took breast tissue from my right breast to fill in where the tumor was removed from my left breast. I'm glad he was able to do this because I didn't want a plastic implant. But wait, there's more good news.

The plastic surgeon performed a lift and reduced the size of my breasts. My girlfriends with large breasts are smiling right now because they know what time and gravity can do to us. It has now been almost a month since my surgery and I've been braless most of the time. All I need is a camisole under my top. It's like college days back in the 70s when bras were optional.

Today I'm celebrating the group of volunteers who are helping plan and execute the Empty Bowls Preview Party at the Houston Canter for Contemporary Craft. Mr. B and I are honored to chair such a great event supporting the Houston Food Bank and its mission to fight hunger. If you live in the area,
please come on June 2 from 6-8 p.m. Hundreds of bowls created and donated by local artists will be available for purchase, starting at only $25. Tickets are $50/person and are available at www.EmptyBowlsHouston.org.   FYI: With $25 the Houston Food Bank can feed 75 people! That's amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment