Wednesday, May 17, 2017

It's Cancer - Two days of waiting

Yesterday I had jury duty. I thought about asking for a disqualification because of my cancer, but I woke up feeling good so I went instead of rescheduling for a future date. I accepted my duty for public service. The new jury building for Harris County is much nicer than it used to be. Features include wi-fi, a vending room, and a snackbar with hot and cold coffees prepared by live people. I wasn't put in a jury pool so my service was complete in less than three hours.

Today I'm at MDA for a check-up. I got here this morning around 9:30 a.m. for my first appointment. My wound is healing and no longer needs to be packed. It still has to be bandaged, which is OK with me. The packing was the bad part. My drain is still in place. Maybe they'll remove it next week. Maybe. Now I'm waiting another hour for my last appointment. Unfortunately it is with a doctor who usually keeps me waiting at least an hour. By the time I leave here today it will probably be around 5 p.m. I think after sitting around all day Mr. B should take me to dinner tonight.

Today I'm celebrating Big Daddy Nick. He has been my car service for the last two days. I'm glad I don't have anymore appointments this week because he leaves tomorrow to go back on the road with The Suffers.

No comments:

Post a Comment