Thursday, May 4, 2017

It's Cancer - Radiation postponed

I was at MDA on Monday and Wednesday this week so doctors could check on my infection and talk to me about radiation. I'm sad to say that the infection on the side of my breast is still draining and I'm still wearing the drain bag, which has to be emptied and cleaned daily. On top of my left breast there is also an infection that Mr. B has to clean and pack with medicated gauze three times a day. And I'm still taking 12 antibiotics a day. The only part of this process that doesn't totally gross me out is taking three pills four times a day.

I also met with the oncology radiologist. She had scheduled me for assessment next week and radiation was supposed to start the following Monday, but that has been pushed back until I'm clear of infections, including the cold that I have. From all the chemo my body is unable to fight off infections. I really wanted to be finished with treatment by my birthday on June 18, but it doesn't look like that is going to happen.

Today I'm celebrating sweet Lisa who lives around the corner. She brought me one of my favorite sandwiches for lunch today. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment