Friday, April 28, 2017

It's Cancer - Trying something different

I got the word late yesterday that my doctors wanted to insert a new drain under my left arm to help rid my body of the fluid that is accumulating there. During the procedure this morning, I could hear everything that was going, but I couldn't feel anything. This is the same kind of sedative I had when the port was put into my chest. It's a very weird feeling to be able to hear, but unable to move or feel pain. After time in recovery the pain and a headache came, and so did the good meds.

Doctors still haven't identified the specific bacteria that is causing my infection. They know the class of bacteria so they have added more antibiotics to my IV. I may be released to go home tomorrow, which would make me very happy. Like most hospitals, nothing happens at MDA on the weekends. I'd rather go home with a bunch of pills instead of staying in the hospital.

Today I'm celebrating my nurse Gabe. He is a young fellow with a great sense of humor who
kept me entertained all day.




No comments:

Post a Comment