Thursday, April 27, 2017

It's Cancer - Hectic day at MDA

Around 5:30 a.m. today doctors started knocking on my hospital door to look at my left breast. I'm pretty sure at least half of the oncology staff has peered under my gown, peeled the bandages back, poked at my breast and said "hum" before leaving the room. I must have the most popular boob at MDA.

I just had an ultrasound because the fluid is building in my left breast and arm. Now the doctor may aspirated the fluid with a syringe or possibly reinsert a drainage tube. From the small amount the doctor was able to get yesterday the lab has determined that there is bacteria in the fluid, but they haven't been able to identify the type. This is important so that the antibiotics can be more targeted.

Today I'm celebrating Mr. B again. He has stressed himself out between his work and worrying about me. I keep telling him not to worry about me. I have room service, the TV remote control to myself, a book, my iPad, and my favorite pink shawl to keep me warm. If I could just get the IV out of my arm I would be in heaven.
Missing this little stinker while
he is on vacation with this
Mama and Dada.
be in heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment