Wednesday, April 26, 2017

it's Cancer - I have a leak

When I woke up this morning my camisole was covered in blood. For a moment I thought I was dreaming about being in a Godfather's movie so I checked the bed for a horse head, but it was me bleeding. Mr. B cleaned me up and we found blood coming out of my left breast near stitches.

We came to MDA where it was determined that I have fluid pockets that are a result of surgery. Usually a person's body will absorb the fluids or the fluids will escape through the drain tubes, but my tubes had already been removed. I also have a serious infection in my left breast so I was admitted to the hospital for 48-72 hours of intravenous antibiotics. 

Today I'm celebrating Sweetness who has spent most of the afternoon in my hospital room. We have figured out how to monitor the room temperature, and we just ordered smoothies from room service. We need an afternoon pick-me-up. I'm also celebrating Mr. B who spent the morning getting me admitted to MDA. I don't know what I would do without my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment