Monday, December 5, 2016

It's Cancer - A gloomy, rainy day

Mitzie and I were going to take a field trip to the Town & Country area, which I think is now referred to as City Centre although it's nowhere near the center of Houston. Anyway, it was raining so much this morning that we rescheduled.

On the health front, I'm once again somewhat audible and my nose is barely running. Unfortunately, I'm coughing so much my throat and chest are very sore. Recovery from this round of chemo has been very difficult because of my cold. Or maybe a truer statement is that getting over my cold has been more difficult because of chemo. Whichever, I'm tired of hacking.

Today I'm celebrating a brand new grand-nephew. Austin Clarence Pettit was born on November 29 to Byron's nephew and his wife, Matt and Kristina Pettit. The baby's pictures are adorable. We've never been to Atascadero, Calif. where they live, but I read: Close to everywhere you want to be, the City of Atascadero offers access to hundreds of wineries ... and the Pacific Ocean is just minutes away, as is stately Hearst Castle. Sounds like a great place where we should visit!

2 comments:

  1. so happy to see you last Saturday, Julie. Even though you were feeling under the weather with the cold, I appreciate your coming out for the HAM and bringing your wonderful work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was glad to see you as well at the HAM. Thanks for making it out and bringing your work. I would not feel like home without it.

    ReplyDelete