Friday, December 9, 2016

It's Cancer - Chemo cancelled

Instead of chemo today, I was sent for a chest x-ray to determine if I have pneumonia. I'm at home now waiting on the results. Chemo is rescheduled for next Friday afternoon.

Next week I also have to let the doctors know if I want to continue with the standard chemo treatment I've been receiving or switch to a more aggressive medication. The current chemo treatment is working in reducing the size of my tumor. However, there is a more aggressive treatment that they would like to try. The side effects are more, but so are the benefits in that the more aggressive treatment is better targeted to my cancer. Either way I go, I'll start receiving chemo every week. I see a family conference happening this weekend to discuss my options.

Today I'm celebrating Sweetness, who was with me at MDA. She was great at asking questions and taking notes for me at the hospital. Before bringing me home, she took me to get freshly made soups from Whole Foods for today and tomorrow. Now for a nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment