Monday, September 21, 2015

Unstarched hair

For five days before and immediately after the wedding and celebration my hair was straightened and sprayed. Jim has done my hair for many years and always works miracles when I want straight hair, but this morning I got in the shower and washed all the "starch" out of my hair. It's now drying at its own pace so the waves and curls are singing: Free at last!

I slept on and off this morning until 11 a.m., just because I could. Big Daddy Nick is still home so he was with TLP this morning. This afternoon Big Daddy is flying to Boston to meet up with The Suffers. It has been good having him at the house for a few days. He was the officiant at the wedding and did a terrific job.

Today I'm celebrating our new normal. Although I still have a few rental returns to make this afternoon, for the most part I'm at home, trying to find the bottom of the piles that have accumulated. No makeup. No hair "do." Just jeans and a t-shirt, and sandals when necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment